2.17.2009

Fail Log -- Wittgenstein

After reading a Harper's article on "The House of Wittgenstein", I had the idea that I could formalize my dissertation thoughts into a formal system of logic and math, a la the "Tractatus". Thinking about it more, I realized that Badiou had already done most of this work in his "Being and Event", wherein he formalizes his ideas on ontology and multiplicity via logic notation, like Cantor sets and so forth. The one area that he does not do satisfactorily is that of the event (half of "being and event"), where he uses "forcing" to approximate the event, which to me is only half of the half. I tried to pull my ideas together on this but didn't get anywhere with the formal model. I don't have the math logic language to formulate my ideas in this way. Maybe if I just talk about my passion for math through the lens with which I see it I will get somewhere.

No comments: